Literary Agents – Find An Agent in the USA Book Agents Directory and Database 2022-2023
Literary Agents 2022-2023 Directory and Database – Get free access below to the most comprehensive Guide to Book Agents online or in print. It features insider information by a former literary about How to Find a Literary Agent and How to Get a Literary Agent (for authors of all book genres). This website also provides free access to the most accurate List of Publishing Agents. Our database of book agents has the most up-to-date information about Top Book Agents, New Book Agents, and Book Agents Looking for New Writers. We’ve helped authors of all genres, at all stages of development, around the world, get top book agents, publishers, and book deals.
Free Resources to Get Literary Agents
Scroll below for free access to all our resources to discover how how literary agents think–and to find publishing agents interested in your book. Once you enter your name and email address, you’ll be a premium member of our online community at The Bestselling Author and Literary Agent Undercover (no credit card required). As a result, you’ll have access to all the following resources to help you become a more successful author:
- Our Audio Training Library with insider advice and interviews about book agents (text transcripts also available)
- The Ask a Question area of our website where you can ask questions about publishing agents
- Live broadcasts (and audio replays) of our Radio Show with special guests, publishing industry executives, and bestselling authors such as Mary Higgins Clark, Nelson DeMille, and Diana Gabaldon
- The Directory of Book Agents with detailed information about all literary agents seeking authors
- The Book Genre Dictionary with a list of all book genres and book genre definitions
- The opportunity to register for 1-on-1 Author Coaching via phone or Skype from anywhere in the world during an introductory coaching session (there is a fee if you want to do that)
- Email newsletter with insider Articles and Updates about how to get a literary agent
Answers to Questions About Literary Agencies & Agents
Once you become a premium member of our community below, you’ll find answers to all your questions about literary agents. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already worked with top book agents in the past and you’re now seeking new representation–or if you’re just getting started. We can help.
Sample literary agent questions:
- Do I need a literary agent?
- What do book agents do and how do they work?
- How do publishing agents get paid?
- What is a query letter, synopsis, and book proposal?
- How can I make my pitch materials stand out?
- What is the best way to submit my book to literary agents?
- How can I determine which book agents are best?
- How can I find publishing agents who want my type of book?
- What do I need to know about simultaneous submissions?
- What can I do to increase my chance of getting multiple agents offering representation?
- What is the best way to interpret the feedback I get from a literary agent?
- What questions should I ask a book agent who wants to work with me?
- What do I need to know about literary agent contracts?
- What is the best way to leave my literary agent and find new representation?
Literary Agents – Become Our Next Success Story
Authors of all genres (fiction, nonfiction, and children’s books) have used our information about publishing agents to get top book agents such as: Mark Gottlieb, Jill Marr, Stephany Evans, Don Fehr, Felicia Eth, Bill Contardi, Jennifer Di Chiara, Jim Hart, Sarah Jane Freymann, Matthew Carnicelli, Harvey Klinger, and more. Who knows? You might be next. Enter your first name and email address below now for free instant access to all our best information and resources about literary agents.
Literary Agents – Browse Literary Agent Listings
Emma Sector Literary Agent was a literary agent with the Prospect Agency. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Emma Sector majored in English at the University of Vermont and moved to New York City just a week after graduation. Her first job in publishing...
Theresa Esquerra Literary Agent was an agent at the Grosvenor Literary Agency. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Theresa Esquerra was a graduate of Harvard College. She was not only a literary agent, but also an attorney. She was a member of the District...
Hannah Fergesen Literary Agent was a literary agent with KT Literary. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Hannah Fergesen obtained a degree in Television and Writing for Film in Denver before she moved to New York City. Hannah Fergesen Literary Agent’s...
Agnes Carlowicz Literary Agent was a literary agent with the Carol Mann Agency. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Agnes Carlowicz joined the agency as an assistant to Carol Mann in 2017. Previously, she’d worked as Joy Tutela’s assistant at the David...
Nan Vermylen Thornton Literary Agent was a book agent at Aevitas Creative Management. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Nan Vermylen Thornton brought twenty years of experience to the agency and was based in their New York office. She studied at...
Ria Julien Literary Agent was an agent at the Frances Goldin Literary Agency. She is no longer taking submissions. Book Agent Ria Julien has a B.A. in literature and philosophy, and a J.D. from Cardozo School of Law. Originally from Trinidad and Tobago, and raised in...
Rhea Lyons Literary Agent was a literary agent with HG Literary. She is no longer taking submissions. She joined the agency in 2018. Publishing Agent Rhea Lyons was studying at the University of Rochester when she started her career in publishing—she interned at Open...