Steve Wasserman Literary Agent was a book agent with Kneerim & Williams Literary in New York City before he became an editor at Yale University Press. He is no longer an agent. Steve Wasserman Literary Agent, the former longtime books editor at the Los Angeles Times (back in the years when the paper had a Sunday book review section), gave up the agenting game to become a full-time editor at Yale University Press. His first acquisition for Yale is “an intimate history of rock ‘n’ roll” by Greil Marcus, the longtime contributing editor to Rolling Stone. Wasserman has been a partner at Kneerim & Williams Literary Agency in New York since leaving the Times. He will continue to represent the estate of Christopher Hitchens. Steve Wasserman Literary Agent is now an editor at Yale University Press.
Steve Wasserman was on our list of Publishing Agents New York (book agents in New York State), Publishing Agents NYC (book agents in NYC), Publishing Agents USA (book agents in the United States), Fiction Publishing Agents (book agents who represent fiction authors), and Nonfiction Publishing Agents (book agents who represent nonfiction, not just novels).
Steve Wasserman Literary Agent Biography
Don’t submit a query letter to Steve Wasserman because he’s on our list of book agents who’ve stopped agenting, retired, or passed away. If you want to find book agents that ARE seeking new clients, click here now to access our Book Agents Directory. Or scroll below to learn more about Steve Wasserman Literary Agent and Kneerim & Williams Literary.
Book Genres – Steve Wasserman Literary Agent
Steve Wasserman Literary Agent represented genres of books like:
- Nonfiction: History, Politics, Current Affairs, Memoir, Pop Culture, General Nonfiction, Religion, Spirituality, Biography, How-To, and Narrative
Representative Sales – Steve Wasserman Literary Agent
- HEART LIKE A WHEEL by Linda Ronstadt (Simon & Schuster)
- THE ENEMY by Christopher Hitchens (Kindle Singles)
- THE UNWINNABLE WAR: JAPAN’S WINDING ROAD TO PEARL HARBOR by Eri Hotta (Knopf)
- LET THERE BE LIGHT: FILMING THE TWENTIETH CENTURY by David Thomson (Farrar, Straus)
- INDIA CALLING by Anand Giridharadas (Times Books)
- YALTA 1945: THE PRICE OF PEACE by Serge Plokhy (Viking)
- THE TOWER OF BABEL: BUILDING THE TWENTIETH CENTURY by Nicolai Ouroussoff (Farrar, Straus)
- JUSTICE IN BABEL: ESPERANTO AND THE DREAM OF UNDERSTANDING by Esther Schor (Metropolitan)
Steve Wasserman Literary Agent
Directory of Literary Agents
Join thousands of other subscribers today. Get complete access to comprehensive profiles for all book agents like Steve Wasserman Literary Agent in the Directory of Literary Agents, absolutely free. Simply enter your first name and email address above and get instant access now.